Level Info 6U
Mixed - Boys & Girls
Birth Year - 2014 & 2015 Fees - $160
*Before March 1st*
The Beaumont Raiders Lacrosse Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock.
The lacrosse season for the Beaumont Raiders Mini Tykes begins at the start of April.
- 6U teams play with 9 players per team. (3 play at a time).
- 6U teams will receive one floor time per week - Typically they have been on Wednesday nights usually at 6:00 pm. At the start of the season practices times will be scheduled when available to give the coaches and players a chance to get together before league play begins.
- Lacrosse practices will start at the beginning of April.
- 6U teams are pooled by region by the GELC. Beaumont is part of the South Pool typically playing teams from Leduc, South Edmonton and Sherwood Park.
- 6U play half floor, 3 on 3, with no goalies, no referee, and a soft practice ball is used. One hour time slot is divided into a 5 minute warm up, Three 15 min periods and a 3 minute break between. (Clock is run during timeouts)
- All teams will participate in two games against other teams, based on closest geography and these games will be played on two Saturdays or perhaps one Sunday, thru the season. The dates for these are in May TBD and finally three games in June TBD at the Wrap Up Weekend.
- The 2020 Wrap Up Weekend for the Season will on the Weekend of June TBD at the Timbits Mini Tyke Wrap up which will occur at the TBD
- ** Mouthguards are not mandatory for Mini Tyke as per ALA Regulation 18.03.3